Yes, MMJ is legal in Oklahoma.
That does not give us all carte blanche to use as we see fit when and where we see fit, not does that mean that every employer will accept your need to medicate. They may even make a clean test a contingency for employment.
So, what are your options?
You must pass of course. If you want a driving job, we’re going to stop right here and suggest that you consider another form of employment if you plan to return to MMJ after you get your ‘A’, OR you just stay MMJ/MJ free if driving is part of your job description. Let’s keep the roads safe, okay?
Things to know:
- Medical MJ is more potent than your everyday MJ. It’s a comparison of 2-3 percent to up to 30 percent potency. If you are using MMJ, we have it from a good source that you’ll need more time than you think to cleanse your body.
- MJ can stay in your system for several weeks after using it, but that depends on how much you use, your level of physical activity, how much fat you carry, your metabolism, your genetics and how often you use it.
Depending on the test, you’ll need different amounts of time:
- Urine test: if you are a heavy MJ user, you’ll need to stop for 21-30 days to be on the safe side. Moderate users should stop for 10-12 days. If you are an occasional user, five to eight days is a pretty safe bet.
- If you are asked to take a saliva test, see urine tests.
- If you have to take a hair follicle test, you may have an out. There is plenty of evidence that hair follicle tests are full of inaccuracies. You can get all kinds of wrong answers to go either way. THC can be detected for up to 90 days, but there are so many external factors, like others who use corrupting your hair (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) with their dirty air, you have a good argument against. Make sure your other test is clean.
- Blood tests can show positive for only a few days. If they want your blood, don’t fret, roll up your sleeves. At worst, you must stop for five days for a clean test.
Prepping for the test:
- The old wives’ tales of drinking vinegar or orange juice aren’t useful. Water is just as good. Time is even better.
- Detox kits are no good for passing as they can have all kinds of junk that can just make you sick. Some have bleach, goldenseal or dangerous herbs can do more harm than good.
- Buying clean pee is a joke. Unless it’s your cousin who is as clean as virgin snow and you can keep it at body temp (EW), you’ll probably not pass. If you are going to these lengths, you gotta ask yourself if you have a bit of a mental addiction.
- Exercise, water, fiber diet (yup, see where we’re going with this? Or rather where YOU’RE going?) will help if your time to test is shorter than you thought.
- If you have other health issues, like a liver that doesn’t work well, kidney issues, diabetes, heart disease, etc., you’ll want some extra time.
What about CBD, Spice, K2? Many testing companies have gotten wise to people who want to sub MJ/MMJ for something else so it’s probably not a good idea to play games if you really want that job. As a matter of fact, you’d have a better shot at fighting a positive result from MJ use than fighting a positive from other synthetics. Besides, we all have friends who use in closed rooms. It can happen that we sat there unaware that it was an issue. Lesson learned.